Saturday, January 23, 2016

Honeycomb Canyon- Big Cottonwood Canyon- 1.21.2016

This winter has been drastically different from last year. We got another good cycle that buried the Wasatch in deep snow. It was the kind of fill in we needed as there were some areas that need some more snow. I made it up Tuesday and got some fun laps in the ultralight that fell overnight. Wednesday I tried to get up the canyon, but the line in the canyon was just so huge I turned around and went home. I noticed that they did not open Honeycomb Canyon. So Thursday morning I headed up and got some nice turns on the frontside as they were doing avalanche control back there. After about two hours ski patrol dropped the rope to Navarone and it was on. They actually groomed Woodlawn better than I have ever seen it. Below is a short edit of one of my runs savoring the supportable snow that was sitting in the shady aspects. There is still some stuff that needs more snow, but if you knew your line you were getting it good. Enjoy the video. This winter party marches on!


Honeycomb Canyon 1_21_16 from Christian Paul on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment