Thursday, July 9, 2020

North Slope Independence Day Camping Trip, Uinta Mountains- July 2020


Finally got the family out camping this year! After being couped up from being at home from the pandemic, it was nice to get them out in the mountains. We went to the North Slope of the Uintas and I had a few ideas where we could set up a nice disperesed camp away from the holiday crowds. We made the drive into Evanston then onto Hwy 150. After about an hour, and heading up a fun off road drive, I found a spot that would be a good one for the weekend. We all agreed this would be our home and pulled in and set up our camp.




After camp was ready we all kind of just hung out and enjoyed how quiet it was. We were very far from other people, and the woods were so silent where we were. My wife got us this Mesh Mess Tent you can sit in and it acts like a sunshade but also a bug shelter too. We were tryin out a nu UL aluminum table and a new fold up kitchen for our stove. Our 6 man tent was nice and a much needed change from the backpacking tent I have been in all year. After a while of fun and just taking a deep breath we decided to head to a local lake. We hopped in the Jeep and I took us on a tour. My son fell asleep on the ride, so we just kind of cruised around and took it all in.






Evening came and we had dinner then got a fire going. There was a serious S'mores session going on and boy were they yummy! My daughter is the S'mores master! Eventually the family headed for bed and I wanted to shoot some photography. I set out a star trail. My son was being a bit difficult going to bed but we got it worked out. After he fell asleep it was so quiet in there you could have heard a pin drop. Eventually my images were done and I joined everyone in the camping mansion! It was a beautiful night and we took full advantage of it.






Im not gonna lie, it was a rough night sleep. My son just kept waking up, and everyone was tired. Once the sun was up I could no longer lay there so I got up and got coffee and breakfast ready and started some of the break down. Once the famliy was up we had coffee and tea and home made banana bread muffins courtesy of my wonderful wife! It was a great trip, and we will be planning some more! Enjoy the pics and time lapse! More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment